Do you remember Congress voted to de-fund ACORN? Then remember how a federal judge overturned the ban, calling it unconstitutional? On Wednesday, they reinstated the ban on funding.
This made Acorn's Chief Organizer, Bertha Lewis mad, and she expressed her anger in comments to the Young Democratic Socialists of America.
Here's the video where she tells them that it will not be easy for them to come out and say they are socialists. She says their movement will dwarf:
the McCarthy Era
the internment camps and
the Jim Crow laws
People argue that this administration is not leaning toward socialism. People say Bertha and ACORN were the only ones who wanted to give "tax evasion advice for their under-aged El Salvadorian sex slave business".
You could say that, if it were not for Barack Obama's own words:
"I definitely welcome ACORN's input. You don't have to ask me about that, I'm going to call you, even if you, if you didn't ask me. Since I've been in the United States Senate, I've been always a partner with ACORN as well. I've been fighting with ACORN, alongside ACORN, on issues you care about my entire career.
Obama Fights Alongside ACORN
Oh, and if you are worried about ACORN's future because of the de-funding, don't be:
Here is ACORN now:
• California ACORN changed to the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
• New York ACORN is now New York Communities for Change
• Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts ACORN is now New England United for Justice
• ACORN Housing Corp. is now Affordable Housing of America
• ACORN Arkansas is now Arkansas Community Organizations
• Louisiana ACORN is now Community Voice
• Minnesota ACORN is Minnesota Neighborhood Organizing for Change
• Missouri ACORN is now Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment
• Pennsylvania ACORN is now Pennsylvania Communities Organizing for Change
• Washington ACORN is now Organization United for Reform (OUR)
So, here's MY question Is Socialism coming to America...or is it already here?