In response to the latest in a string of actions meant to wipe out Christianity, like this headline:
"Supreme Court Won't Review New York City Ban on Nativity Scenes in Public Schools"
"YES, THIS REALLY HAPPENED!!"
"GET OVER IT, GET USED TO IT
AND MOVE ON!!"
Take America Back!!
And Keep God in Our Country
I strongly believe that many of the things wrong with our country today can be directly connected to taking religious freedoms away from American citizens. I attended school starting in 1960. They took prayer out of school soon after that, and look at what is happening to our schools today. Then they took it a step further.
We used to be able to say schools were closed for 'Christmas Vacation". Now it is called "Winter Break". I remember when we used to have a Christmas tree in the school, just outside of the auditorium. I'm not saying we should cram Christianity down anyone's throat. I think it would be nice to have a Christmas tree, along with the symbols and traditions of other religions. Why can't we all just get
along together on religious holidays?
I am waiting for the day when children will not be allowed to wear crosses, or the Star of David. Where will it end? From the looks of things in the news, it will NEVER end! However, I believe it is the beginning of our destruction.
Keep "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation UNDER GOD, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
If it is really THAT offensive to anyone to say 'God', they can just leave out those two words. What's going to happen is that they will rule to ban saying the Pledge of Allegiance in public all together to keep the radicals happy because they are the nuts who make all the trouble if something doesn't rule their way. I think we should just be able to recite the Pledge of Allegiance the way it is and if people don't like it, leave out "UNDER GOD".
Display the Ten Commandments in Public
- "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
- "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."
- "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
- "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
- "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
- "Thou shalt not kill."
- "Thou shalt not commit adultery."
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."
- "Thou shalt not steal."
- "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour."
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."
Do the people who are forcing us to take down the Ten Commandments in public WANT people to be allowed to steal, kill, and do a lot of other things that are supposed to be against the law in this country. They can just think of the word 'God' as anything they want. They can use their own names if they want. For instance, Henry can say: Thou shalt have no other Henrys before me. Doesn't sound that great, but why should the majority of people be made to change. Why can't they change? If they take offense at the Sabbath, they can just think of it as the day they have off from work. They can keep it 'peaceful' and 'calm', instead of holy. Come on, we all know they are just going after the media coverage and trying to win lawsuits. It's all so ridiculous. To take down the words: "shalt not kill" and "shalt not steal" in front of a courthouse is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard of.
Let Children Pray in School
If kids in school want to pray, why shouldn't they be allowed? Anyone with children in the public school system knows that they need all the help they can get. Prayer couldn't hurt. No one is saying you have to pray, but others should be allowed if they are so inclined. And what about the teachers? You can't tell me that they couldn't use a little help with all the madness you hear about that goes in our schools today.
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."~ Ronald Reagan
Other graphics courtesty of: